Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My Favorites Things: Books

I thought it would be fun to share with you the things I get obsessed about. And while it would be nice to buy everything exclusively at Myth, I also believe a fulfilling life is a life well-lived: doing inspired work and also giving in to indulgences that feed the mind, heart and soul. Here's the second in a series of my favorite things:

The Food of Love by Anthony Capella:


A good light read; funny situations involving the chef and the waiter who are both in love with the same girl. Vividly described the food and all its preparation.  Made me want to go Italy and experience the same thing!

Persepolis 1 & 2 by Marjane Satrapi:


Presented as a comic book, the illustrations take me back to my younger years.  It is an excellent entertaining format for a book that talks about a serious women issue in Iran.  Both funny and informative, this gives the reader a good grasp of what the author went through in her younger years in Iran.

The Kite Runner & A Thousand Splendid Suns, both by Khaled Hosseini:


These two books touched me in so many ways.  Well-written and at the same time very informative, the reader is taken to Afghanistan to experience the life that the leading characters went through.  Vivid details and description awed me.  Made me realize how lucky we are over here and at the same time wish the women there had it better.

No comments :

Post a Comment